Monday, December 1, 2008

Red Door China Bistro

So, since I really love food, I talked David into trying something new. He hates new, but I guess I was pretty convincing because he said yes.
We went to The Red Door China Bistro at Friant and Fort Washington. We had received a mailer last week or something and it looked really good and I was sure that it was worth our time and money.
I got there and the outside looked really neat. The fountains were flowing and the water was illuminated with colored lights changing through all different shades. The outside dining area was beautifully decorated with, what else, an Asian theme. We didn't eat outside, it's to freaking cold, but would have if the weather permitted.
I walked inside and they have a nicely stocked bar to the left, where there were several men flirting with the female bartender.
I waited there to be greeted and waited some more. It took about 5 minutes before I was acknowledged. I must look homeless or poor because this happens to me fairly often. Anyway, there aren't a lot of people there so it made me a little nervous.
We sat down and were greeted by our server. She was about the sweetest little thing I have ever encountered. She was on top of it.
They give you a salad as an appetizer. Just like Mexican food you get chips and salsa. I have never been given salad at Chinese, but I gave it a shot and it was great. They had small chunks of deep fried chicken on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and a gingery salad dressing. Yum, I ate the whole damn thing. David then decided to try it and agreed that it was good.
We ordered David's stand by: broccoli beef, my favorite: double pan fried noodles and the free entree (with our coupon) kung pao chicken. Let's just say this, it was better then P.F. Changs. David told the chef, who had come out to talk to the customers, that this was his new favorite resturaunt. That is huge coming from my picky husband.
Now mind you, had our kids been on their best behavior, we would have had a better time, but oh well. They were crawling on the sofa's and using thier "play voices". I had enough by the time it was over, but since the food was so good, it made up for the devil's we had sitting with us.
So, if you are over in the area, go to this place. It would be a great date place. It's got a good wine selection, bar and the food is great!!



No comments: