Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trip

On Saturday, David and I went to San Fransisco Saturday for the weekend. We left around 11, partly because it was really foggy and partly because David didn't get home until about 5am. We left and I was unusually clam, which normally isn't me. We stopped at Starbucks, my favorite for a road trip, stopped at the bank and on the road we went. I drove to Los Banos because David was still waking up and didn't want to drive before he was wide awake. I woke him up alright. He hates it when I drive.
We stopped in Los Banos at Jack in the Box, where we met up with our friends Matt and Jenn. They live in the bay and were on their way back from Fresno. We ate and visited for a few and off we went to San Fransisco.
We got there in pretty good time. We stayed at the Hilton, at Union Square. It was nice until they told us that parking was $50 a night. We got to our room and looked outside to see a parking garage outside for $25 a night! Whatever.
We quickly got out of the room and went to Union Square. I really wanted to ride the cable car, but for some reason David was not about the cable cars. We went to Macy's to find that they had crappy sales just like Fresno. We went to Guess, Bloomingdales and walked around. Matt and Jenn met up with us and we rode the R train to the wharf. We ate there and David had his first experience with scotch. We are not the scotch types so as much as David liked it, it isn't gonna be under the tree for Christmas.
Sunday we got up and drove to Alameda, where Matt and Jenn live. We saw their house and went to breakfast at a chicken and waffle place. I took my picture with Barack Obama, who apparently lived at this particular restaurant.
Then we went to Ikea, where we bought the boys a bunk bed and dresser for Christmas. We managed to spend $700 there. That is always nice, huh?
On the way home, I talked David into stopping at the Coach outlet. Normally I am all about Dooney and Burke, but since all the rich people carry Coach, I wanted one. We found that everyone felt like this because there was a line outside. They were only letting a a dozen or so people in at a time. I found a purse and wallet. They will be my Christmas gift. I love it. David thinks it is too big, but I say you gotta have a purse the same size as your ass.
So we got home around 8pm because we found it was extremely foggy on the 152 and there were two accidents on 99 that kept the traffic at a little more then a stand still.
We had a great time. I always love to have time with David to reconnect and talk in a quiet atmosphere. I am so glad that I have him in my life. He is and always will be my favorite!


No comments: