Friday, December 26, 2008

The big day

I was so excited Christmas morning I could barely contain myself. I was awake at 6:45, laying there. I woke David up and started talking about the day and what I couldn't wait for.
Finally, at 7:30-ish, the boys woke up. I could hear Gavin tell Quinten "Look at our stockings, they are full of candy!" That's when I was hoping they would come find us and not just dig into them. I hear footsteps running into our bedroom and Gavin yelling, "Momma, Santa came. There's a grip of presents under the tree". I wonder where he learned how to talk. So, we make our way into the living room and admire the presents that were under the tree. Their faces were adorable.
It was so exciting, in fact, that I didn't even put the coffee on! So after the boys were done, I told David it was our turn. He sat down, with his 10 presents, I sat down with my 3. He started in on how I didn't obey the rules, yada, yada, yada. Of course, I burst into tears, told him to take them back and locked myself in the bathroom. It didn't help with the girly stuff going on, but I really hate when people are ungrateful and it's not fair when someone puts that much effort into something. I was pissed off!
Then we headed to my parents for breakfast and more presents. When we got there, food was served and we had a really good meal. Then more presents! Every Christmas my parents deduct money from our truck payment, which they hold the loan for. It's quite helpful actually.
The boys stayed at Grandma's and David and I head home. I tell him to apologize because he was being rude and told him to change his bad attitude. He did. He told me nice things and won my heart over again. We went home and had our little Christmas, which he saw really wasn't that overboard, realizing that his presents weren't expensive, just packaged individually. We had a nice time.
We got the...I mean, Santa got the boys bunk beds for Christmas, which we found wasn't what we took home from Ikea. Santa must have delivered the wrong thing. He brought one single bed. We were able to put the dresser together, which took 2 hours!
I started making dinner for my parents and family, while David finished cleaning. We had a couple bottles of wine, some really good food and after my parents left, watched Alvin and the Chipmunks.
It started our as a crappy day, but turned out great. I love holidays, eating and lounging. I like receiving gifts, but love giving them. Today I look forward to my best friend and her family coming over and having Christmas with them. It just keeps getting better......


2 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh, that was sweet! I'm glad your day was wonderful..minus David's little tantrum (or yours??)! We must be kindred spirits 'cause we were both laying in bed at the same time...alone....wishing the kids would wake up!

The Lomeli clan said...

I know. Thanks for hanging out with me today. Too bad your Macy's card didn't work, or is it? I had fun trying out makeup and hooking you up with some funkier stuff. I just hope you wear it!