Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dinner troubles

Tonight I made, what I thought, was a very good dinner. I am cleaning my oven so it had to be made stove top. I melted butter (sounds good already), sauteed onions, asparagus and eggs. Then I added ham and melted cheese on top. The healthiest things, no. Good for the soul, yes.
So I sit my children down to my concoction and what do I get, crying! Quinten immediately starts with his, "I hate asparagus". Gavin is always very complimentary, raving about how it smells so good and that he is going to want seconds.
We start eating. I took me, oh, 35 seconds to eat everything on my plate. I then try to help my kids eat their food. This was quite helpful, until we got to the vegetable. Quinten needed two spankings to even get him to try his one small piece of asparagus. Then, he "mistakenly" managed to have the asparagus fall out of his mouth. The dog ate it. I have never in my life dropped food out of my mouth. I would have got an ass whooping!! At that time I couldn't handle anymore. I sent Quinten to his room, where he grabbed him new Memory game and threw it all over his room. Yes folks, this one has a temper. I must have freaked Gavin out because he had two pieces of asparagus that had been eaten in record time. I'm glad I impacted one of my children.
So Quinten was ordered, yes ordered, to pick everything up on his bedroom floor and think about his attitude and problems he had at the dinner table.
After his time out I asked him why he got in trouble and he answered, "because I dropped the exparagus out of my mouth and Klyde ate it." I asked him if he dropped the food out of his mouth on purpose and he stated, "Yes". Then he recanted and said it was an "assidunt". Gotta love dinner time!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

You go Girl! Ah, the battles that have to be fought! That was funny! Although I don't really believe you spanked Quint....your little angel!....TWICE?
Maybe you should cut up the veggies so small they don't even know they're there! Oh, but that wouldn't be teaching them that you're the boss and they need to eat healthy because you say so! But, just in case tonight you don't feel like a fight, it's a good idea, yes?

The Lomeli clan said...

We'll see. Maybe tonight we will order pizza and have olives as our vegetable-it is a holiday! Quinten does get disciplined, although he seems to learn from Gavin's mistakes and doesn't take the same path. In my defense, my Mom used to make me eat my vegetables and yours did too and we turned out okay. I guess it's one of those things that gets handed down from the generations.