Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday morning

For some reason I was really exited about church today. I laid all my clothes out the night before and set my alarm to make sure that I got to the first service on time.
I sat in the front because my Mom was singing in the choir and my Dad was a shepard in the performance.
During one of the songs that the congregation sang, Quinten grabbed my butt and said, "Your booty is hangin' out". With little boys you just can't be too sure so I told him to keep his hand to himself and to stop touching my rear end.
After church was over, we went into the family center for donuts. The boys grabbed their donut and sat down and my Mom approached me. She said, "Melissa, did you know you have a huge hole in the back of your pants?". Come again? I know I wasn't just standing in the front row of church, so everyone was behind me with my ass sticking out!! I made my way to the wall, to cover up this unfortunate sight. I felt it and sure enough I had a huge hole in my pants, right by the pocket.
For the first time, in about three years, I was actually wearing a shirt that came to the waist and a crop type jacket. There was no covering my hole.
I buttoned my jacket around my waist and wore it as a skirt, as I ran to the car. I took the pants back to the Rack, where they exchanged them for me.
You know I have done a lot of things in my life to get a rise out of people, but none have been indecent exposure type things. I will have to make a point, even though it isn't the happiest sight, to look at my butt before I leave the house.



6 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh you make me laugh!!! You make me love you even more with your funniness! Your are just perfect. Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!! That was the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG time! (well, since you were here on Saturday, anyway!). I think Quint has proven himself to be pretty dependable....next time, maybe you should listen to him!! That was AWESOME!!!

Audrey said...

Oh! I do have a very important question.....were you wearing briefs or a thong?

The Lomeli clan said...

Oh, now it wouldn't be funny story if I was wearing some grannie panties!! I was wearing a thong, but my ass is so white, the people behind me probably thought they were white briefs. I will still be "that" girl for awhile.

Chris and Nanita said...

DUH!!!! you always do the booty check in the mirror before you leave. I so wish I was there, especially behind you watching the elders mouths hit hte floor. Saying "these young people" :)

Tracy said...

Yeah, your mom even said to me after you left, "I think she was wearing a thong." Your back was plastered pretty hard to that wall. So how did you have enough mind to ask about preschool with all that going on?

The Lomeli clan said...

It wouldn't be the first time I looked stupid in public. I would hope that none of the Mennonites would look at my rear anyway. I DID go to first service with all the oldies. I am just glad that someone told me before I really embarrassed myself.