Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Easy?

So, while at Ikea, I got some curtains for our bedroom. They were cheap, like $20 and they were brownish so I thought I would give them a shot. I wanted to make the bedroom darker for David to sleep and yes, it would have been nice of me to put these curtains up in the summer when it's bright outside, but let's focus here! My friend who was with us, said they were really easy to do, so I got 'um.
Today, I decided to put them up. I got them out of the rapper, but that was the easiest part of this story. I ironed them, following the directions. As I did this, I noticed that the material of the curtains is linen. Whoever has dealt with linen knows that ironing is a waste of time.
I measured and cut and ironed the double sided tape on. The bad part? There was only enough tape for one of the layers. So one of layers is hanging there, looking completely lame.
So I haul out the sewing basket to look for something to help me out. Nothing. I slaved over what to do with my retarded curtains.
Finally I decided to just sew the freaking things. I got out the sewing machine, which was covered with a nasty layer of dust, and prepped it for this project. I didn't change the bobbin because I am lazy, so the top layer is white and the bottom, black.
I finally got those bad boys up. They look awkward at best, but they serve their purpose. Maybe the sight of them will encourage me to decorate the room!



2 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm sure they look great! You've always been a "Martha". They have to look better than mine...remember them? The red ones that look like they belong in a brothel in India?

The Lomeli clan said...

Mmm, an Indian brothel! That is a wonderful look. Our bedroom looks terrible. We have all out extra's in there. A case of beer, chips for David's lunches, Christmas presents, etc. I hate being in there. And it doesn't help that there is no color.