Saturday, December 6, 2008

Special Surprise?

I wanted to do something nice for David today for some reason. So what as my choice? Painting the bathroom. I have wanted to paint the bathroom for the longest, but David tells me, "No, not today", blah, blah, blah.
This morning I taped it all off, which I thought would be the hard part. David even went into the bathroom and didn't even notice. How do you not see blue tape against white walls? Anyway, after he left for work, I started. I grabbed a brown color from the cupboard that we used for the laundry room. I wanted a really dark brown, but I didn't feel like running to Lowe's, so this would do.
So I painted while the boys sat and watched Jim Carrey's 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'. Quinten has been under the weather lately so I didn't want him to go overboard. Laying around was perfect for him.
I finished half the bathroom and came to realize that there wasn't gonna be enough paint to finish. I painted the trim and the large walls, but didn't get to the wall behind the bathtub or the high parts, like behind the cabinet.
So I guess I surprised him in the fact that he will have to redo my surprise. He will love that! The fact that we are having company on Wednesday, is even better. This way I know it will really be a priority. So, surprise David, you got work to do......


5 comments:

The Isaacs said...

That's funny! Well, I'm sure David won't think so... Can you get a match at Lowe's so you guys don't have to redo the whole thing?

The Lomeli clan said...

I think we have some, but I don't know where. It's in David's hands now. I got the "You don't listen" speech. I get it quite often actually.

Audrey said...

You're so funny! You are totally perfect - you make his world go round, even if you do add more work to it! You make me laugh!

The Lomeli clan said...

Thanks, you always seem to brighten my day!

The Lomeli clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.