Sunday, December 28, 2008

ARRRR

This year for Christmas I had a semi-theme for David. I have had themes for him in the past, like his Curt Cobain birthday a couple years back. So his year, he is wanting to be a muscle man, so I was nice and bought him a home gym.
The gym was one of those deals you get the day after Thanksgiving, and believe me it's no Boflex. So I bought this gym at Sears for $90, but it comes with weights and the bench. I also bought "The Perfect Push Up". You know the infomercial that looks completely ridiculous? Yea, that one. I bought it as a half way joke because David seems to think he can do 20 push ups in a row after being completely lame with his arms for the last 5 years. Sometimes he even gets a wild hair and tries to get me to do the same. I don't have a problem with not being able to lift my fat ass off the ground in push up position. God made legs to do that. Apparently, David thinks that I should be in as good of shape as when I was 25.
So I bought this push up deal at Rite Aid for $19.99. They didn't have it and I got a raincheck because it really was worth it to me. I checked at the store again before Christmas day to get it so it could be decorated and under the tree. They still didn't have it. So I gifted the raincheck to David to open on Christmas. He has no idea what it was so I had to spell it out for him.
Today, I went again to Rite Aid to pick up this wonderful gift for my husband. This time I was told that they are no longer selling this item and that it was "Seasonal". What? Are you kidding me? Do people only use the Perfect Push Up at Christmas time? Why wouldn't they still be selling it.
I am so irriated I want to call the store and talk to a manager. I have made several trips, wasting my gas to get this practical joke! So, I informed David of the outcome, which he really didn't make that big of a deal about. I guess he was scared that I would be able to do more push ups than him.......


No comments: