Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Things that go "boom" in the night

So I am a big sissy. I get freaked out with noises at night. Primarily I am alone every night when bedtime comes around, but it isn't easy for me to go to sleep. Especially being in this new house. The noises are different and I don't have anyone around here who is friendly enough to go to if something happened.
Every night I watch TV in bed and listen. I try to watch TV until my eyes have a really hard time staying open. I turn the TV off and pull my covers up. Then I seem to wake up. I lay on my pillow with my eyes wide open, listening.
Many years ago, I would wake up in the middle of the night and hear noises and wake up David to go check to see where the noise was coming from. He would sit up in bed, look at me and tell me to do it. He reminded me that I was a police officer and should be able to go check around our little apartment. I would tell him no and make him do it anyway.
Things were okay in Visalia because I lived in a cul-de-sac and everyone knew each other. I felt safe. I knew the cops there and felt comfortable, except when the neighbors had their college parties, but that doesn't have anything to do with being scared, only pissed off.
So David, on his days off, want to be able to put the boys to sleep and hang out together. You know, watch and movie and all the other "married" people stuff. Truth is, I am so tired that when he is home, my head hits the pillow and I am out. I am like a dead person. There is no waking me up. So David is stuck watching his romance movies he puts on for us, like Hitman or Alien vs Predator (yea, I know-way to get me in the mood David) by himself and I am asleep in a moments time.
So regardless how many guns you have in the house and how your yapper dog should keep you feeling secure. The only real security is a 160 pound man laying in bed next to you. So today I will get a good night sleep, so hit me up tomorrow because I will be full of energy!




2 comments:

Audrey said...

I know what you mean. I'm 30, and still affraid of the dark! I used to bribe family members to spend the night with me if Mike was out of town. I have to sleep with the TV on all night so I don't hear any other sounds! But aren't your parents just down the street? That should make you feel better! Just have your Dad on speed dial!

The Lomeli clan said...

My Dad would tell me to call the police. Trust me, it's all me!