Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rock Band

I know, I know. It has been five days since my last blog. I very much need to get on top of this craziness.
So, tonight we played Rock Band. It is so funny to watch our kids play this game. Quinten always chooses the drums, which we don't attach to the console because we would never be able to complete a song. I can't even do the drums and I not an instrumental retard. I think that the drums are possibly the hardest thing to play-ever. So David does the guitar, which is the easiest in my opinion. Probably because both of us started playing Guitar Hero at our friends Cindi and Sonja's house. I always sing because I am the loudest one and am not scared to actually put my mouth on the mic.
So we play the game and the boys were so funny. Gavin is sitting with a guitar that, again, isn't attached, rocking out like he's James Hatfield (Metallica). Quinten thinks he's David Grohl (Nirvana).
So we go through our usual songs by The Killers, Nirvana and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and before no time, it was almost 9! I guess it's okay since the boys slept in until 8:30.
I love having people come over, although I haven't had to many over to this house, and do these games as ice breakers. What is worse than singing in front of a total stranger? Yea, I know, that is embaressing, but if someone can still be your friend after hearing you sing off key and look like a total dumbass, then you know they are real friends. It's even better when they say encouraging words. I can't wait to have some of you over.......



4 comments:

Audrey said...

What are you talking about?...You are a really good singer! And I must confess, I was a little surprised! The last time we were at you old house and we played American Idol you were the bomb!! Sounds like a fun night....one of the many you can store in your memory for when the boys are grown up!!

The Lomeli clan said...

I need to have the camcorder out an ready when these nights happen. That way I can't forget. The only bad thing? I will drag it out every chance I get. At their 16th birthday party, weddings, you know, all the major functions!

Tracy said...

Oh, kids are so funny on Rock Band. It's especially funny when they start singing "I'll keep you my dirty little secret" in Sunday school!

The Lomeli clan said...

Please tell me they were your kids and not mine. We edit some of the sentences like on Nirvana, "Nature is a bore...." Eventually they are gonna say it, but I hope they are over 18 and moved out of the house.