Friday, January 30, 2009

More Obstacles

I have had yet another obstacle in this world wind of a career change. As you may have read I have passed the course from the Adult School. Now all I have to do is start, right? Wrong. I have to fill out an application for a student loan to buy my kit which is $3500. So, being the cocky girl I am, I think "no big deal". We have never been denied for any type of credit application for anything. Well, I faxed the information to the girl Wednesday. Well, yesterday I get a call saying that we were denied. I thought it was a joke at first. She went on the explain that loans have been very difficult to get since the economic crisis and about 90% of all the people applying have been turned down. Of course, I break down in tears and tell David what happened.
So today we figure out what we should do to remedy this situation. Do we get my Dad involved to co-sign for the loan? Do I tell my Dad that we need to take out a loan from the Bank De Falk? How do I do this.
So we came to the conclusion that we would try this. Take some money from our home equity line of credit, cash out some of David's vacation time and lastly, use our savings to pay this sucker off. All the thoughts go through my mind....what if this doesn't turn out, what if I suck at hairstyling and I have invested all our money into this, what if, what if, what if. I know that everyone has to take risks in order to get to another place in life, but I am wondering if the risk is worth that financial hardship that this will take on our family.

4 comments:

4 Reeders said...

Hang in there and follow your dreams! It will be worth it in the end!

Audrey said...

I agree with Jennifer! You will be just fine! Everything good in life starts as a challenge! You will be an excellent hair lady!!

The Lomeli clan said...

And you, my BFF, will be my excellent guinea pig!

Audrey said...

Yes I will!...And I am looking forward to it!!