Monday, January 19, 2009

Oops!

Today had the potential to be a really good day. I was supposed to go walking with my friend Aisha at noon-ish. After reading the paper, I found that Macy's was having an additiaonl 40% their clearance shoes. This was an opportunity, so I had to let my friend know. It was what a good friend would do! So I let her know via text message. She, in turn, told me that we would walk the mall, like the shopaholics we are. That's a work out, right?
We met at Macy's and tore it up. She got really cute Michael Kors and Calvin Klien. I opted for some Steve Madden. Can I just tell you-they are hella ugly. The kind of shoes only a mother could love. I bought them because a year ago I told Aisha that I was gonna wear these really ugly shoes and wear them out with her. They are multi-colored heels with tread like a tennis shoe. I know....what?
Anyway, then we hit Forever 21. Tore it up there too. We hit the clearance racks and found the deals. I love hunting for things that you can feel proud of. I got a couple dresses for summer.
Then Victoria's Secret. Additional 50% lingerie, pajamas's and PINK. I loved that, but the bad part comes here in a minute.
Aisha is David's co-worker. All of a sudden she get's a call and answers, "David we are leaving right now". What? I look at my call phone.....3:10. Holy crap. David leaves at 3:10 for work. I called him and told him I would be home right now. He said something to the effect of, you retard, but nicer.
I called my parents and they weren't home. David called back a minute later. I didn't even want to answer the call. I felt so bad! He was gonna be late for work and it was because of me. He told me that he caled in vacation day and not to hurry. I started crying because I am a big ol' mush. He told me that he was happy that I had a great day and that he didn't want to ruin it. He said to slow down so I don't get in an accident.
If you have read any of my other blogs, you know that I am a stress case. I cried all the way to Starbucks, where I purchased him a peace offering of Java Chip Frappacino.
So I made Jambalaya for dinner, David's favorite and Margarita's. It was delicious. I think I have made up for my screw up. Hopefully he doesn't find my shoes......

3 comments:

The Lomeli clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Once again??? A trip to Macy's without my knowledge? And for shoes??? Oh, you're gonna have to make this up to me sometime, somehow! And a pair of "bedroom shoes" will NOT cut it!

The Lomeli clan said...

I will wear these shoes in public. Trust me, you will know it when I wear them. I will look for sales and let you know when I find them. I can only go when there is a good sale or I feel terribly guilty.