Thursday, January 22, 2009

Incredible Hulk

So David, Quinten and I are standing in line at Best Buy. We needed to return something and were getting irritated because it was taking forever.
So while we are standing there, Quinten says, "That's a big guy". I was off in space, my favorite place, so he says it again, but louder. This time I look at him and wondered what he is talking about. I then follow his eyes to a guy in front of David who was, let's say, 5'8" and 400 pounds. Yea, a little overweight. I pick Quinten up in hopes that he will stop. This time he says really loud, "But Momma, it's Incredible Hulk!". I had a really hard time not laughing because it was funny. The "big guy" turned around and started laughing. I am not sure if he laughed so he wouldn't cry or if he really did think it was funny.
Needless to say, we talked to him in the car about etiquette and what we don't say in public.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Actually I think Quint was quite kind! At least he compared him to a kind of "super hero"! Remember Mike had to have the talk with Gracie, when she was Quinten's age, about Africa-Americans! Ahhh...innocence.

Jamie said...

Oh, you gotta love those truthful kid comments...like when Isaac asked why the guy (cashier at Target) has an earring, and actually it's a girl with a shaved head. Oops. Or the ol' "she's got a big bottom, Mommy" that Violet says often. Sshhhh! Oh my word!