Friday, January 16, 2009

Muppets at the Lomeli's

Today was a day. Nothing exciting happening, nothing to write about that will change anyone's life.
Got up this morning after a really late night. That is normal on David's first night back to work. Made breakfast, hung out with the boys. Listened to Gavin complain when it was time to get dressed. Took him to school, came home, got David's lunch ready, listened to him complain about how loud it was in the house while he was trying to sleep (blah, blah, blah).
The funnest part of the day? After we picked Gavin up, the three of us went to Jamba Juice and shared a juice and got the truck washed. Yep, a 30 minute outing was the best part of the day.
We got home and I let the boys put a video game on for a little bit. After that, the night went downhill. I don't even like to put video games on, but I give in about once a week as a "treat". Gavin cried forever when I turned it off. That started the evening out, as I got dinner ready in between yelling at this monster that calls himself a child.
So, after dinner I put them directly in the bath tub. That way I can relax them in a warm bath while I clean up dinner and regain my composure.
Right now we are watching Muppets from Outer Space. It is settling them down and entertaining them as well. That's two in one as far as I'm concerned!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Thanks for finally posting! Sounds like fun, fun, fun at your house! Gracie acts the same way Gavin did, except it's when I don't let her have the neighbors over to destroy my house.

The Lomeli clan said...

I know I overreact, but seriously? My ears don't agree with that noise. I send him to his room and will continue to do so. He is learning...when he gets in his room he shuts the door.