Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holiday's. I love getting friends and family together and eating, drinking and hanging out. I love the traditions that go along with it. Getting up in the morning and staying in your jammies (although I do that every morning), but it seems better on holiday's. I love to watch cheesy movies, like Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving, to get into the spirit. I love to bake and give food as gifts this time of year.
I have been making a lot of food for the police department lately. It has got to the point were David's Sgt took him aside and asked if I was "chubby" because I liked baking so much. I asked David what he said and after a moment he replied, he said, "I told him NO!" I think he had to think about it too long. He promised it was because he wasn't listening. I am not sure which is worse so I dropped it.
So back to Thanksgiving, I am in charge of dip or appetizers. I am taking a hot artichoke dip and I am gonna throw some garlic in it because garlic makes everything better. I am also taking the cream cheese slab with jalapeno jam on top. I would have made more because I love to cook and to share what I cook because I am fat enough, but I swear the grocery store marked all the food up for the holidays. And my Mom's side of the family had this weird obsession with food and being overweight. If you are over a size 8, you are considered fat. I am over a size 8, so I wear baggy clothes and big sweaters. I will sweat all day, but they will not stare at me and talk about me behind my back! It's pretty sad actually. My Mom is always making jabs at me for being bigger then the good ol' days. I had two freaking kids. There is skin hanging from my mid-section and it seems to not even be attached to my body, except for a couple layers of skin. I would perform a self tummy tuck, but I wouldn't want to clean the kitchen up after it! For people who are so petty and shallow, may you become fat like me someday. Man, I must have written myself into a funk! I am going to turn this frown upside down.
So, tomorrow is going to be good. I will wear several layers of clothing and smile and talk to everyone until they can't stand it anymore. They are gonna be happy that they won't have to see me again for another month. Then I will come home and drink some hot tea and take some Pepto because after all that food comes the air that compresses inside the stomach. Thank goodness David will be working and not have to deal with that fun part of the day! Then I will go to bed. I will watch my TV and become a vegetable for a couple hours!
I hope you all have a wonderful day and eat yourselves into oblivion. May we all be bloated and feel disgusting together!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You are perfect just the way you are...big sweaters or not! I so did miss you this Thanksgiving...and do you know what tonight is??....The parade. Which I will be going to ALONE. Makes me sad you are there and not here.
I hope your Thanksgiving was everything you were looking forward to. And your trip to SF! I'm glad you got to get away for much-needed time alone with your hubby.
I really need to come up again...very soon! I miss you!