Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wines

So David and I love to drink wine. For the last two nights, we have sat in the backyard, put a log in the fire pit and poured a glass of wine and watched the boys play "detective" in the backyard. It is definitely been a good last couple nights.
So, although we have our cheap stand-by, Foxbrook Cabernet, which I get by the case, we also like the occasional splurge.
I encourage everyone to try J. Lohr Valdigue and Riesling. Both of these wine are about $10 at Savemart. They are sweeter wines, but have a deep quality about them. I wish I could afford them more often. I am wanting to go wine tasting at their facility, but we haven't done a wine tasting vacation...yet!
Another good wine, Smoking Loon. I like the smokey taste about this one. It's really good with BBQ or a smokey-type dinner. I tried it for the first time at my parents. It's about $5-$7, which isn't that bad, but if it's over $1.99-we, again, have to wait for a special occasion.
Now, I am still a beginner when it comes to wines, but I know a lot about beer. Maybe it was from parties at Frat houses or going and having pizza and beer at BC's Pizza and Beer (they had great beer there!), but I am kinda picky about beer. It has progressed from my younger years of Bud Light to dark beers like Newcastle and Sam Adams. My favorite, which David hates, is Hefenweizen. Yum!!
Now I have realized that wine really is a hobby of mine. I think you can still be a wine fan on a budget. I think you can enjoy wine with friends and family and appreciate someones hard work needed to develope and create new flavors. I wish I could say I knew a lot, but all I can tell you are the ones I like and that taste good to me. Add to this!! Leave comments, I am always up for suggestions!


No comments: