Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What time is it?

My children have both been fighting some kind of sickness, involving cough and boogers. I am talking thick, yellow boogers. Yes, it has been nasty. So last night Quinten came to bed with us, which isn't a new thing, he comes to bed with me every night. Last night though, he snored and tossed and turned all night because he didn't feel good. Gavin got up at night and changed out of his long pajama's and into a t-shirt.
This morning, Gavin comes in letting me know that it's "Morning time" and talking about the Toy-R-Us add that he had snagged out the Sunday paper. I looked over and saw it was 7:36, which is about the time we get up every morning. I told him I would be up in a minute. Quinten streached and he was outta there. He yelled after Gavin as they ran to the play room.
I rolled over and tried to snuggle with my stinky husband for a minute before getting up. Gavin rushed back into the room and told me all the things he wanted for Christmas. Can I please get through Thanksgiving before thinking of all the fun Christmas has in store.
I got up and became a walking vegetable. I made pancakes an coffee and sat at the table with the worlds worst cramps. Can I just let you all that I never had cramps before my children, but now, for sure, cramps every month-pain in the butt.
So I came over, checked the email, paid some bills and so forth. I ask Gavin what he wanted for snack. He replies, "peanut butter and honey". I made it for him and sat down with a banana. I look at the time and it clicks. What day is it? Wednesday!! He has to be in school at 11:00, that is in exactly 10 minutes. His normal time is 11:45, but Wednesday's are early. We have to put on clothes, brush teeth and do hair. I have never got us dresses and ready so quick. Gavin cried the entire time, when I stripped his clothes off, ran a wet brush through his hair and wiped lotion over his dry little legs.
I sped to school and got there just in time. He walked in stunned, like he had just been tossed into a tornado. Poor little guy. He is not the kinda kid you can rush-he is my little snail. He will hopefully have a good afternoon at school. Hope I don't forget t pick him up at 1:45.


1 comment:

The Isaacs said...

You're so funny- your posts are like you're really talking.