Saturday, October 11, 2008

A new review

Since food is such a serious part of my life, I am going to start a restaurant review when I go out to eat. My husband and I have both been in the restaurant business and are pretty huge critics. Our big thing is the service. Without good service you don't really have anything.

So today we went to Joy Luck Chinese Restaurant next to Nordstrom Rack. Yes, this is curtousy of the Entertainment book again. This is the review.

We get to the establishment and a cute young girl seats us. We sit for, oh, about 15 minutes before anyone gets us water, or, a smile for that matter. I made a comment to David that if no one came to greet us or bring us some water we were walking out. About 15 seconds later our server came. It's hard to sit and wait when your hungry, but when there are two, wild little boys with you, it's a life sentence.

So we order family style meals and an order of broccoli beef for the boys. It comes rather quick and we start on our meals. It was really good food! I loved the noodles, they were crispy and full of flavor. The rice was perfectly cooked. The broccoli beef was made with really good meat and it was delicious. The only thing I got that I wouldn't order again is the sweet and sour pork. I am not a pork eater, but there were mysterious things underneath that sauce that I couldn't recognize. No thanks to that. The meal was reasonably priced and I would definitely go again.

After we left the restaurant, we hit Dollar tree at Champlain and Shepard and I noticed a couple other places that I want to try. Crepe something and Latin Fusion. I will give details at a later time.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

When we don't get waited on right away, and my kids are going crazy, I let them! It's payback for not giving good service! Yes, it's probably not the best parenting, and yes, the people in the next booth are thinking I'm a bad parent and have out-of-control kids, but give us food and we'll be fine!
Save some restaurants for me to check out with you...you always make eating out fun!

The Lomeli clan said...

I don't make eatting fun, I just eat more then you so it makes you feel good. I will take it. I will leave the funky places for us. You know I have the worlds pickiest eatter here, so I can only take him to restaurants that are from countries that he recognizes.

The Lomeli clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.