Thursday, October 2, 2008

What is really embarassing!

So I had an exciting day today. My best friend Audrey came to visit me and hang out for the day. So we enjoyed the day by sitting in the living room, watching food network and visiting.
After David went to work and Gavin was picked up from kindergarten, we started to figure out where we wanted to go eat. We decided to go to Roe, the sushi bar/real bar. That sounded fun, although I wasn't sure whether the food itself was any good. I heard it's an awesome place to drink and dance though.
That didn't matter, we went anyway. So we go inside and the kids were in heaven. There were chains hanging from the ceiling and everything was white accented with mother of pearl and black. The ambiance was really was nice and relaxing.
So we sit down and have a wonderful dinner, it was expensive, but such is life. After dinner, it was necessary that we go walk around the strip mall. We walked around and looked in the windows to see what was going on there. While the adults were on their best behavior, the kids were another story. They ran so far ahead of us, we felt like we were yelling at them every two minutes. It was getting really frustrating, but it was also getting out the "wigglies".

So we walk around the entire place and start back around to our cars. As we walked, Quinten and Grace run and run-so far infact, that they couldn't hear us yell at them anymore. As we yelled for them to stop, Audrey says, "How embaressing", referring to us yelling like we were walking in the local Wal-Mart. I started to run after them because I could see they were coming up on a driveway and wasn't sure if they would stop. I turned back and yelled, "No, this is emabrressing".

Let me paint this picture for you. I am wearing an above the knee sun dress with mary janes. As I am running, I can feel my loose belly skin bouncing over the top of my underwear and my dress slowly hicking up to show the world my cottage cheese. There was more shake there then I could ever descibe to you. It was nasty, belive me. All those resturants that I ran past probably lost business after that. So I caught up to the kids and yelled at mine, Audrey did the same. Quinten was on locked down and have to hold my hand for the rest of the time.

So as I sit here thinking about the day, I smile because I got to hang with one of my favorite people and enjoy her company while our kids played. I hope for many more days like these!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I thought you were pretty sexy showing your jiggle! And thanks...you are one of my most favorite too :) I did have a wonderful time yesterday! What should we do next time?

Anonymous said...

I think we should have the kids destroy your house and go eat at the VP while Mike babysits!

Audrey said...

Are you saying your house was destroyed? Sorry. But your idea sounds good. When?

Anonymous said...

I dunno. We will have to plan it. We aren't gonna be going out there to do the lawn since we have renters, so we will keep in touch and plan, plan, plan!