Friday, October 31, 2008

terrible two's?

David and I had to get the boys some cold medicine and decided to go to Wal-Mart. No, this isn't my favorite place, although I have talked about it a lot in my blogs. In fact, I hate Wal-Mart, but the prices are so good you have to go occasionally just for the heck of it.
So we go to Wal-Mart and David is nice enough to let the boys take their piggie bank money with them in case they find a toy they can't live without. If you have seen our playroom, you would know that this is not the case. David is obviously making up for the toys he didn't have as a child. It is quite obnoxious actually.
Anyway, I head to the candy isle because I have a food problem and the boys go to the toy isle. I grab candy to send with David to the police deparment for the "under weight police officers". I take my time because I know good and well that it's gonna be ugly when I go over to the children. Sure enough, I can hear Gavin's booming voice over all the commotion. He is whining about ever toy he sees. He wants a new bike helmut with Transformers, he wants Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and Bumble Bee. Quinten isn't whining. He is just watching what Gavin is doing, probably so he can do the whining next time. I was so irritated that I had to leave the area. I told David that we needed to leave right now before the Momma looses it. Believe me, when it gets to a certain point, watch out. The law enforcer comes out and the people in the front of the store would be able to hear me yelling. I try not to to do this, so I don't scare my neighbors or people that are unlucky enough to be standing next to me at the time. Well, I was almost at that point. I blame David for some of it, most of it actually. He lets the boys go to the toy isle ever time and "look". That's nice for his one day that he goes shopping with them. What about the rest of the time when I go by myself and they don't get anything? Yeah, then I have to deal with it. Don't get me started I can feel my blood pressure rising as I talk about it.
So my point to this story is this, why is my five year old still whining? When does this ritual stop? It is one of the worst things that has ever happened to me and the best birth control at the same time! I can't handle it, seriously. I don't know what else to say because if I say too much, someone may report me to CPS. Just kidding, kinda.....

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Yep, I know what you mean...when does the whining stop? No discipline, reasoning, or threatening works, not one that I've come across yet!
I miss the "Momma's gonna loose it!" I can hear you say it! You are a very good mom, though, so keep up the good work!