Monday, October 27, 2008

Just minor details

It has been awhile since I last posted something and although nothing exciting has happened, I am sure I can talk about something. I can always talk about something.
First off, let me confess something. I bought pair of shoes today. They are not just a pair of shoes. They are a pink/black/red-ish color, platform (duh), with an open toe. They were surprising-ly comfortable for being high, but since the front has a platform it tricks the eye to think that you are standing on a 4" heel, when it's really only 2"-thank God. Anyway, that's not the confession portion. The fact that they were on clearance was good, but there was no additional off. That means they were still almost $60. I had a gift certificate that I received from my credit card, from the points earned, and used that. The total was only, like, $35, which is the cost of what I normally pay for the bargain shoes I have become acustom to. So now I feel better. Although I don't know exactly who I am confessing to, I feel better knowing it is no longer a secret. From my husband, yes, but to all of you out in bloggerland, no.
And, the other day when I was at Marshalls, even though I was only supposed to go to get something (that I guess wasn't important because I don't remember)at another store, I bought a dress. It was marked down from originally $120 to $15. Can't say that I feel too guilty about that purchase though because that's a good deal! It is a metallic gray/silver. It has an empire waist, which does a lot for a waistline like mine and maximizes the chest-not that I need any help there. Anyway, it's kinda casual because it has big pockets in the front, but it could also be dressed up with, what else, SHOES!! What were you expecting-it all ties into the shoes. The straps are about and inch wide, but I think I will wear a jacket overtop because I recently saw a picture of my arms and they are freakishly big. We want to cover those suckers up. When your arms are bigger then your husbands, or a third or the male population, you probably don'y want to flant that. Anyway, I didn't show that purchase off to the other half, just put it in the closet. He wil find it soon enough.
I guess this blog turned out to be a catholic confessional in an awkward, un-religious type way. So I feel better and maybe some of you others who have this same problem, feel like you are not alone. Hey, I have fun and enjoy shopping and hope others can be so lucky and patient to find deals like me!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Don't feel too bad....Mike always says, "you need to be a good shopper, like Melissa". He's referring, of course, to my limited wardrobe. So, you could be the opposite, and HATE shopping like I do....but....then you'd have to LOOK like I do! I think my husband would prefer the "Melissa version". I would please like to hire you as my personal shopper for a day.
Hope that makes you feel better!

The Lomeli clan said...

Yes it does. The "Melissa version" was kinda creepy, but I'm over it. You know that I would go shopping with you any day. But, remember, you can't go shopping in my closet. Mike will get pissed!

Audrey said...

Yeah...I remember the "borrowed clothes"...we won't do that again. That was me saying the "melissa version", not my husband, so don't be creeped out! Just meaning you are a good shopper!

The Lomeli clan said...

By the way, David found the shoes yesterday!