Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anniversary!

Okay, we all know that anniversaries are important. In this day and age, getting through a year is a big accomplishment. There are so many divorces that staying together shows that both people are committed to each other and the marriage vows we all take. So yesterday, we made it seven years. It makes me happy, but trust me I wasn't happy yesterday morning.

We woke up and I thought that my husband would be extra nice to me and get up with the kids and get donuts or something else that is fattening and yummy. No such luck. I got up with the kids while he stayed in bed for another hour! Whatever. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But it didn't get any better. While I cleaned up breakfast and started cleaning the house, he got on my laptop and started looking at stuff online. Hello!! Where is the love here?

So he got showered and took Gavin to school at 11:15. I am thinking that he will take Quinten to do some shopping. No, he comes right home. What? No card, no nothing.

I cleaned the entire house people, with no help. He went into the garage and brought me more boxes to unpack. Nice "love" day.

It was 2pm before I got showered, which I am not complaining about because I love being in my jammies, but sweaty, I-just-cleaned-the-entire house jammies? Not so much. Finally I told him I was gonna go get my nails painted to get out of the house. I was outta there and he picked up Gavin at 3:15.

After getting my nails painted (because I am too cheap to get them filled), I went to Ross. When I came home, the boys were all gone. I was optomistic then. Maybe he was thinking about his wife.

They came home about 4:30 and the boys each brought me a card. That was cute. Then David hands me a present. Wanna know what it was? A freaking garden hose. Yes people a garden hose. I thought to myself, "How many time does he expect me to wash the cars with the hose?" That was a crappy present.

Well, that was a joke. He took me out to the truck and in the back was a TV for the bedroom. It was alittle more then I expected, but hey, this is payback for all the times I have got him bomb presents and he has got me utensils for the kitchen. So that made my day. I haven't had TV in the bedroom since we moved and that used to be my relaxation time after the boys were in bed.

Then my Dad came over to watch the boys while we went to dinner. We went to Samba (they are having a $19.99 special now, by the way) and it was so good!! I haven't had a meal like that in a long time. David actually left full. You coulda rolled me outta that place. I am so happy I wore a loose sundress because I looked about 5 months pregnant! I can't say enough good things about that place.

So we got home about 8:30 and went to bed. It was a good day. Well, it was a good half day. My husband really came through. For all of you guys who don't really know me, my husband isn't the romantic person that showers me with love letters and poetry. If I get anything, that's huge! I love my husband, but when we walked down the isle, the nice little things stopped. Oh well. I still love him and look forward to the rest of my life with him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what are you going to do with the hose? Can I have it? Well, actually, I'd like to give it Audrey.

Audrey said...

No thanks, Mike, I'm still trying to get over the iPod Shuffle you WON at a work meeting and then gave to me for Christmas.
Melissa - I'm glad David made the last part of the day good, you deserve it. Sorry we couldn't make it up.

Anonymous said...

You guys are too funny. Thanks for communicating to each other through my comments. Remember we used to do this through Myspace?