Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bikers

I am having a kinda crappy day (see yesterdays blog), but that doesn't change the fact that it is Gavin's 5th birthday today. So I run to the store because he requested steak and tater tots for dinner.
As I was leaving the store, I am coming up on the stop before entering into traffic. I am planning to turn northbound Perrin from the westbound parking lot. Of course when you are planning to turn northbound, you are checking southbound traffic. So I am doing that. Then I hear a snotty, "Hello". I look northbound and there is a female biker on the sidewalk, about to travel in front of me. I wanted to yell at her for riding on the wrong side of the street and for riding on the sidewalk. It is her fault for doing these simple infractions. But instead, I decided it was nicer to be friendly and back up alittle.
Now everyone reading this who doesn't know, all bicyclists need to follow the rules of the road just like a vehicle. That means stopping at stop signs, riding the same way as traffic and so on and so forth. If you don't follow the rules of the road you are setting yourself up or a ticket. Depending where you live, you will get one too. That means if you cause an accident because you aren't following the rules of the road, you could be held at fault for the accident and be cited or even carted to the slammer.
It seriously angers me when people think they are right, but really don't have a clue about how it really is.
So anyway, I get home and find that I forgot the tator tots. What a day!

No comments: