Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shortcuts

So anyone that knows me, knows I like to save some money, especially these days. So I did what I said I would never do again. I colored my own hair.
Now I have done this before. The last time I did it, my hair turned a freakish, reddish blonde color and I rushed to my hairdresser and she had to weave in some dark highlights. After all that, two weeks later I colored my hair a dark red-brown color that I actually really liked. I soon after went back to the good old weaved blonde from the hairdresser and haven't fluctuated since.
But today it was different. As I cruised Wal-Mart (I hate Wal-Mart) I was thinking about that good reddish-brown color that was kinda funky, but then thought, "What fun is that?". I would much rather be blonde. Blondes have more fun, right?
So I went with the full bleached out color blonde that I was for sure would work for me. I was so excited that I asked David to help me color it before work. He laughed at me. So after mowing the lawn, I put the boys in the bathtub and started the process. I followed the directions and hoped for the best.
Wouldn't you know it, it turned a freakish reddish-blonde. HELLO!! Like I couldn't have seen that happening, right? So I had some left over. I dried my hair and re-did it. I swear my scalp has blisters on it and did the color change, no. I am mad at myself for doing this to begin with and more mad that I didn't just go dark.
So I guess I will wait the suggested 2 weeks and re-do something so I don't look like the freaky cheap women that wouldn't pay afew extra dollars to get he hair done at the salon. Anyway, if I ever intend to be a hairdresser, which is the goal here, I need to experiment a little and what better to experiment on-my own hair. That way the only person I can blame is M-E! So when you see me, don't laugh, just smile and be encouraging. Thanks!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I actually liked it! I've told you FOREVER to bleach it again! You look beautiful no matter what color orange your hair is!...but, seriously, stick with the blonde!