Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The birthday


Gavin was lucky enough to have his 5th birthday party at the zoo this year. When I came up with the idea I wasn't thinking that it would be so nerve racking. There were 12 kids total which I think is a lot. Mind you, not all of them were walking around, but it was high energy and loud. Gavin met his friends at the front gate and was really happy to see everyone. He was hugging them as they came and greeting them like a good little host. All I could think about was the headache I was gonna have at the end of all this.
It was productive trip. We saw the elephants, the black panther, we fed the giraffes and walked through the reptile house. The best part? We didn't loose any kids. We lost some control during the petting zoo portion, but no big deal.
We came back to the house, had cake, did a little activity, played and went home. Gavin loved his day. He can't wait until next year so he can do it all again.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Hey...wait a minute...you make it sound like there weren't any parents there to help! Every kid had a least one of their parents there to make sure they didn't get lost....how was that stressful? Girl!!...you just need to create stress for yourself, don't you?

The Lomeli clan said...

No, but the parents were at the end, not the front of the pack of wild animals. If there had been more parents wrangling the kids I wouldn't have been as stressed or tired! I can't blame them. I would have been at the end also.

Audrey said...

When are you going to blog again?...I'm kinda tired of looking at this one.....