Thursday, October 9, 2008

Making Friends

So when I moved to Fresno, since it has been so long since I lived here, I found all my friends had moved away or we had lost touch. Meaning, I had to start from scratch. I am not really one of those people who goes out of her way to be nice and friendly. I feel I am too old for being fake and would rather let people see me for who I really am. I am loud, sometimes abrasive (thanks to my previous career) and a little wild (my husband doesn't appreciate that very much). I like to laugh and tell funny stories, but I have come to the realization that people either love or hate me, there is no happy medium.
So since I have lived here I have been happy with myself, that I have opened up and made some friends. Now we aren't on the level of calling up and going shopping or catching a movie, but we get together through church functions and socialize and more importantly, I enjoy myself. I am thankful that God has helped me with my faults so that this transition hasn't been so tragic on my stress-loving self. I am thankful that David has made a couple good friends at work that are also Christians and have morals (surprising for the wonderful world of law enforcement).
So to all of you that have made this an enjoyable experience thank you. And to Audrey, who will always be my favorite, I miss you and I am going to make an extra effort to see you because I know I can always trust and confide in you.
Happy blogging. Feel free to leave comments-it keeps me going!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Ah, I am proud of you! But I never had any doubt you would become a favorite among the social crowd up there! You are way too cool to be an outcast! And thanks for still letting me your favorite! Ditto.