Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What else?

About two weeks ago, we got a call from our rental management company, letting us know that there was a couple that wanted to rent our house. That is great news for us. We were ecstatic!!
So we were expecting them to move in on Tuesday. We double checked with the management company and they verified. So Tuesday, the big day, we drive by because we are curious who is going to live in our house.
We drive by and notice, there were no moving vans, no cars, no people, no nothing. Okay,we thought maybe there was a mix up or some kinda problem and they would move in Wednesday. So I recontact the management company and make sure everything is okay. I then receive an email stating that Tuesday (move in day) the renters came in and said the house was too small and they wouldn't be renting the house after all. What?
They had put down a deposit, made a date on calendar-everything. I don't get it. I mean, they are getting charged $400 for the time the house was off the market and so forth, but seriously. Maybe I am too cheap to do something like this, maybe I am too thorough to not be completely sure I wanted to live in a house that I had to put a $1300 deposit on.
I guess you could say I am pissed off, I am depressed and I am disappointed by mankind. I have come to the conclusion that every time I get my hopes up, for anything, I get kicked in the balls! Not really, but the figure of speech works for this.
I trust that God has bigger and better things in store and I just have to hand over my control issues to him. Please pray with me.

No comments: