Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Neighborhood drama

After a long day of planting flowers in the backyard, I looked forward to showering and relaxing with my boys. David was at work and I was tired and lazy. We made dinner, got cleaned up, the boys were showered and I had read them a story. Just then the front doorbell rings. What? At 8:30 at night? I opened the door and my firefighter neighbor was standing there. He told me that he was having trouble with one of the neighbors and asked if David was home. I replied "No" and told him to wait so I could get a robe.
I went outside on the front porch to talk to him and noticed the highly intoxicated neighbor arguing with one of the other neighbors on my front lawn. Great! The firefighter, Nick, went on to tell me that this lady is crazy and was drinking and that he had already called the cops. I went up to her and told her to go away and stay inside her house. She told me to mind my own business. As she was talking, all I could see was the beer bottle in her hand. I would take her one second to hit someone in the head with that. I asked her to give my the bottle and she refused. I then grabbed her arm and told her to give me the bottle. She tells me to let go of her. I told her no and that she needed to give me the bottle. She looked at me and asked me, "What if I don't give it to you?" I replied something to the effect of, "I would have to knock your ass out". Let me tell you something. I have experienced a lot of drunk people and everything that that is said to a drunk person, goes in one ear and out the other. The drunk lady gave me the bottle and told me that she would just go home and get another. I replied, "Please do that".
The argument started to escalate between Nick and the drunk and eventually moved to his front yard. Thank goodness. I stood back and talked to the other neighbor Taryn who laughed with me about the neighborhood drama and other problems in the area.
So this morning I get up and walk over to Nick's house to see how it all went after I locked myself in my house. Apparently the tires on both of his vehicles "mysteriously" were slashed sometime during the night. He said that the damage to the one car alone was over $600. Poor guy, but it reminds me to stay I the house and not make that crazy broad come over here. The older I get the less excited I am about any drama. I am hating this move worse and worse by the day. I hope something changes for the better or else we're gonne move to a safer area, like the Tower District.

3 comments:

The Isaacs said...

Lol, the Tower District! Jill would have plenty to say about that, I'm sure!

Audrey said...

Hmmmm...Last time I checked you still owned a house in Visalia? Wanna move back yet?...I think it's a great idea!
I took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood after dinner tonight, and right in the middle of the road, someone drew a HUGE penis with sidewalk chalk. Gracie stopped, studied it, and then asked "What's that?".....All I could say was, "It's a rocket". Why do people have to be so stupid and inconsiderate? YOur drunk neighbor is one of them...hopefully she's really embarrassed today.

The Lomeli clan said...

She didn't come out of her house because she is probably wanted by the Police. I can't believe that dirty bag, nasty dumbasses live all around. We just can't seem to escape them. It's like a really bad Steven King book.