Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Argh-is that how it's spelled?

I sometimes wonder how things will turn out. Like, life wise. I know first hand that things can change in a blink of an eye and what you think is long term, isn't necassarily so.
All my life I have had an "ideal" of what and how I wanted my life to turn out. I did want to be married to an amazing man and have children, so those things are accounted for. I never, in a million years, thought I would be changing my carrer at 33 years old. I remember going to city college and looking around the classroom. There were people of all walks of life and ages continuing their education, whether that was to get a pay raise or to do what I am doing. I always thought to myself that I would pick a career I loved and I wouldn't have to go to school again. Yeah, right! Sad thing is I loved my career, but my career didn't love me.
So, here I am, the oldest person in the freshman, part-time evening class at Federico's. Let's just put this in perspective, I am older than my instructor.
On top of feeling old, my family has been in a funk. David is so tired that he gets up to eat breakfast at noon and then proceeds to go back to sleep until he has to get ready to go to work. Gavin is toying with his individuality and has taken to the wonderful land of arguing. Quinten follows what older brother does, but when he is about to get in trouble, he professes his love to whoever is doing the disciplining. I am tired, irritated and short tempered.
I do have soemthing to look forward to this week. David and I are going to Sudz in the City and drinking beer together on Saturday. I am even getting my first spray tan on Friday. I don't know how happy I am gonna be standing virtually naked in front of a stranger, but that's how it works and beggars can't be choosers. Maybe a date is all I need, you know some quality time with my #1. We haven't had a date since October.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time right now. But it's really because we're not close enough, AND on different schedules, so we can't vent and re-energize together.
But you are a great mom and wife..and person in general! And I have always admired how strong and supportive you are even with your #1 being absent so much because of work. I hope somehow, you get the encouragement and hope you need to carry on. Because after all, that's what mom's do...they carry on! And this will pass.
Come to think of it, what you probably need is a mountain get-away! Somewhere where you can relax, spend some time with your BFF, and recharge your batteries, while knowing your boys are having so much fun they'll never forget it. Hmmmm, if only you could find something like that? :)