Monday, May 18, 2009

Bugs

Last night, the boys were in the tub, when Quinten announced that he had to go number two. So I get him out of the tub and sit him on the toilet. In order to stay warm, I placed a towel over his shoulders. The towel had just come in off the line in the backyard. So I walk out of the bathroom and head to the kitchen to clean up. All of a sudden I hear this ear piercing scream. Quinten is freaking out. I ran in the bathroom and there is a bug on his towel and he is screaming at the top of his lungs. I flick it off the towel and step on it. Quinten is crying and carrying on. I put him back in the tub so he can finish his bath.
When it is time to get out, I tried to use the same towel on Quinten. He cried again and told me that he didn't want that towel. I tried to show him that there were no more bugs and he screamed, "No, it has bugs on it! Get me the other one!". Yikes!
So when it is time for bed, I tried putting them to sleep. Gavin goes right to bed, but Quinten tells me that there are bugs in his bed and that he isn't gonna sleep there. He marches to my bed, where he falls asleep.
When I came to bed, I put him back in his bed so I could have a comfortable sleep without any limbs jammed in my back. In the middle of the night Gavin called for me for some water. While I was there, I checked on Quinten, who wasn't in his bed. I looked in the living room for him with no luck and finally noticed that he was in bed with me and I didn't notice. That kid wouldn't even sleep in his bed he was so freaked out about the bug. Just for the record, it wasn't a dangerous bug. I hope he forgets by tonight.

No comments: