Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sleep talking

There are a few things that David does that make me laugh. One of these things is when he talks in his sleep. This has gone on for years. In the beginning he would talk in Spanish. He was working for Verizon Wireless and was able to talk through an entire phone sale in Spanish in his sleep. He would also give me step by step directions as to how to put a car stereo together. We are talking taking the thing apart, setting it up and re-installing. I always thought I would be able to get some good dirt from him during these times, but seriously? I don't speak a lick of Spanish-who am I fooling.
So then in police academy he would rattle off penal and vehicle codes that he studied for tests and drill. That was boring, although they were finally in a language I understood. And I could correct him if he was wrong. I guess at this time in life, I felt like I was smart. Little did I know what was in store for me....
This morning, the boys crawled in bed with me to wake me up and then left. This movement was just enough to get David talking. He reached over and grabbed my leg and asked, "Are you here?". Usually following that he says I love you and back to sleep he goes. This time he asked me, "What do you know about this call?". I told him that a 3 and 5 years old were beaten and their Mom was UTL (unable to locate). I thought this was funny, but he didn't even answer me. Either he caught himself or he didn't hear me.
This was weird in a couple ways. Obviously is he is grabbing a co-workers leg, that is something we need to address. Second, is you ask a question about a call, don't blow off the answer. He is the one to come home and complain no one helps him at work, but maybe he is making up stories.
I wonder what the next day will bring. As long as he doesn't start his arrest and control techniques with his sleep talking I think I will be safe.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You are so funny! Good post! I wish my life were as comical as yours!