Friday, March 6, 2009

a new habit

I have started something new this week and I am very excited about it. I have started to excersise. This used to be one of my favorite things before the boys came along. I had a very strict regimen of running, stair master and weight training. Looking back now I was proud of my body, even though I wasn't then (funny how that works). So in order to get back to where I was, I know it's gonna be a lot of work. And I know that a two mile walk isn't the biggest deal at the moment, but you gotta start somewhere.
So I walk around my neighborhood and the neighborhoods surrrounding with my wiener, Klyde and I listen to my I-pod. Yesturday I walked over a subdivision past Fort Washington Golf Course and walked through this neighborhood of amazing houses. They were absolutely beautiful. They had nicely manicured lawns and fancy decore in the front. You know when you are completely distracted? This was one of thsoe times for me. I walked through and totally forgot I was excersising. I was getting a lot of crazy looks and now when I think about it, I really didn't fit in wearing my sweats and baseball hat with sunglasses. I am surprised that the cops didn't show up and interogate me for possible "casing" the area.
So, I am proud of myself for getting out there and self motivating myslef to do something about my fat ass and trying to work to make it a slightly toned one.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Good for you! Very proud! That's more than I can manage! When do you find time to do your exercising??