Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tanning revalation

It is about that time to be tanned. It is warming up outside and my legs couldn't be any whiter. I hate being the girl in line with the white legs when everyone else has color, so I cheaat. I go to the booth. I have done this for years and I admit that I have gone overboard in the past doing it year round (that was pre-marriage when I was still trying to look impressive).
So I go in to sign up for a month and in walks a guy. I look at him, as the attendant acknowledges him. Then he turns around. It was a guy I worked with many years ago at Weinstocks. He was a really good friend of mine. I look at him and say, "Oh my goodness". He looks at me and smiles and says, "Melissa!". Apparently he knew what I have been doing for the last 10 years, which surprised me, but whatever. We talked for about 2 minutes and I got a quick run down and he was off to his booth. He is one of those body builder guys that tans....but don't judge, he is straight.
While I laid in my booth I got to thinking. He hadn't seen me in my larger size packaging and with the wrinkles that had found me over the years. He must have been amazed that one individual could age so much in that little time, when he looked exactly the same.
As I picked this run-in apart, I started to realize that although I am not happy with my outter appearance, the only thing that really matters is what's on the inside. I am still the same person. And the way I look to others isn't as important as how my husband sees me, which, all in all is the only person that I want to be attractive for. I guess I have figured out that I have an inner piece and even when I am trying to loose weight and make myself happy with my appearance, I am still the same Melissa that will always be loud and love to make people laugh. What a revalation I had, huh? Amazing what one little thing does to a person.

No comments: