Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Keeping up


I feel like since I am going into a career that requires primping and a "certain" look, I have to keep up.
I have been trying to work on my body, for the last 5 years, with no avail. We won't depress ourselves with my drama and skip that topic all together.
Right now, I am looking at my busted up nails and realizing that no one is gonna give me a shot until I can get these nails looking presentable. I love having fake nails. I used to get them just to look like a woman when I wore a uniform. Now I like them because they complete my look. I have taken pride recently in being more "put together". There aren't as many sweats being worn around (outside the house)and when I leave the house, my hair and make up are done (not always well, but done). I recently had my hair bleached out and last Saturday added some blue to the sides. I love it, but David is still getting used to it. I have had a lot of compliments actually, which I didn't think would happen. There is an age limit to these things. Maybe I haven't reach it yet.
So the next thing in my beauty day is the booth. Yes my friends. I would live in the tanning booth if it was available, but until then I will stay my 15 minutes at a time. I have been asking around and was told to go to Pelican Beach Tanning at Champlain and Perrin. I can't wait. I have accelerators sitting in the closet from last year and I am itching to smear them on. I realize that tanning makes you look older, so I am going to make a conscious effort to keep my ace out of the booth itself.
Then I am planning a short trip to Marshall's. I know, it's a step down from Macy's. The last time I went to Macy's, I felt like it wasn't worth my time. The shoes sucked and it was full of snobby woman who believe that each isle belongs to them. Sorry Honey, these isle are public property and I need my space. Don't crowd the shopaholic.
I realize that I don't really deserve these things. I do, however, think that keeping my normal responsibilities around the house and adding school, takes a toll on my body, as well as my patience. I realize that David works hard, in fact he didn't get home until 6am this morning. My morning has been delayed because of this, but really how mad can I get. He is the only person who brings in money. What's that quote, "Beggars can't be choosers"?
I know this has nothing to do with my "beauty", but Quinten is sitting next to me on the couch snuggling. He has one of his hands up my shirt sleeve and is rubbing my arms and patting me. Ahh, I love this day!

No comments: