Monday, March 9, 2009

Extreme makeover

I don't usually watch Extreme Home Makeover on Sundays because I cry the whole time. So it was no exception this Sunday. I debated watching it at all, but wanted to watch since it was the "Fresno" edition.
I sobbed from the time I turned the channel and watched the children cry and show their love for their Mom and express their support and admiration for her.
While the show was on, Gavin approached me and told me that there was something important he had to tell me. As he approached me and saw tears rolling down my face he quickly got a concerned look on his face. He hugged me and asked me why I was crying. I told him the show was sad and that's why I was crying. He responded with, "Well, why don't you turn it off?". He is such a boy. I then explained the happy/sad crying emotion, which is still a little over his head. He decided to leave me in my sadness and go to play with his Transformers.
It was a lovely show and the house turned out beautifully. The exterior color, not so much, but what can you do. The inside was awesome and the family truly deserve it. I hope they can reap the benefits of the house and continue to be thankful to the community and ABC for their efforts.

No comments: