Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Salon

Lately I have been thinking a lot about what is after beauty school for me. Do I want to work at a trendy salon and pay a grip of rent, or do I want to work at an okay salon for a reasonable price or do I want to work from home.
I have been thinking how convenient it would be if I worked out of the house. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wash hair in the kitchen sink. We have an "office" that is used to hold David's gear that would be transformed.
I have a vision. I want to put a dark slate tile on the floor with black grout. All the baseboards and casing around the doors would be black. The full wall (without any windows, etc), would be transformed into a mirror. I would paint the walls a dark color and decorate with a classy meets vintage theme. There would be a fridge, so I could pamper my clients with soda, water, etc. I want to put a small plasma TV on the wall so whoever is over, can catch up on their show or put on a show for their kids.
I would try to purchase a sink and chair from a salon that is going out of business or ebay, which ever. I can always re-furbish and make a nasty item into a beautiful one. It amazes me to this day what a little polish or 409 can do.
I am very excited about my idea. I know this would be a lot of work and in a perfect world it would work out. It may not work because of the amount of time and money it would require, but it is something to work toward. I guess I need to focus first on graduating and passing state board.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Hmmmm...this is an interesting idea. My only concern is allowing who-knows-who into your house where your family is. These days you just have to be careful who you let into your "personal space". Just a thought. But the decorating ideas are the bomb!