Thursday, April 30, 2009

He he!

I have found that I have a guilty pleasure. It really is evil though. I live in the "fancy" part of Fresno. I live here because it's safe (for Fresno), it's new and, most importantly, it's close to my parents.
So as I drive around, I see people in their Mercedes, BMW's and the like. I appreciate these cars, but I have to admit I am a tad bit jealous. God is gonna be mad about that.
So all these rich people, who for the most part, think they are above the law, speed. They speed a lot people. So about three times a week, motorcycle cops sit on Fort Washington at various locations and work their radar. Let me just remind everyone that this is a four lane road that has a 35 MPH speed limit.
Yesturday, my wonderful Mother called to tell me that there were five cops working their radar on Fort Washington, so when I drove to school I wouldn't get a ticket. As I drove down this special street, a motor unit pulled out and stopped a brand new, shiney black Lexus. I smiled, BIG! I was happy to see that.
Today David took Gavin to the Dentist's office and on the way there, he called to let me know that a Range Rover was pulled over by another motorcycle cop. I was happy he told me this.
I have always been a speeder. I used to drive everywhere at about 60 MPH. This has changed, since I turned in my badge and because we can't afford a ticket or our insurance to go up. I know, I am growing up! I know that those Officers are told several times a day, "Do you know who I am?" and "I know Chief Dyer" and on and on. It amazes me how people always think that since they pay taxes and "contribute" (in their minds) they deserve a "get out of jail free" card. Maybe we should all obey the rules of the road and work on our observation skills by watching the posted speed limit!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Thats not very nice of you. But I agree - rich people shouldn't be able to rub it in that their fancy cars can go from 0 to 65 in 3 seconds...just in time to break for the next stoplight. But when you get your BMW, we'll drive your car around town...and I'll hold on and shut my eyes - just like the old days!

The Lomeli clan said...

I love you Audrey!