Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Summer

As I sit here I think of all the things I would like to do this summer. Being that school is gonna be out pretty soon, I feel as though I should start planning, or at least hoping, it all turns out.
First, I need to get family pictures done. I haven't had a group picture since Quinten was 18 months. I haven't had Gavin and Quinten's picture done since last year. Yikes, I am way behind. The thing that's holding me back? There isn't a picture people around here. The closest one is in Visalia and that is an hour away.
I want to take the boys camping this summer. I think that it is very important that the boys grow up to be boys and do boy things. Am I a huge fan of camping? Not really, but I want the boys to be able to sleep under the stars and play at the beach. We will see.
I really want to go to Las Vegas for a few days. The bad part is that I wouldn't have a babysitter so there would be two little ones coming along. They would like it because all the hotels in Vegas have swimming pools, but it's just the fact that David and I couldn't go out at night. We both hate gambling, but love to eat and have a couple drinks.
Disneyland....need I say more. I have been checking the prices and they are just too high. I can't see spending $60 per ticket. And if we are driving all that way get there, we would want to go for more than 1 day. Yeah, that's why this will probably not happen.
So as I sit here and brainstorm, it helps me put things in perspective. I can hope at least three of this things come to life, but realistically, maybe two. I hope this summer turns out to be fun for all of us.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

OK... you said it...so here's the official invite. We're headed up to the mountains as soon as the kids get out of school, Thursday afternoon, June 11. We're gonna stay up until Sunday afternoon. We just go to Kings' Canyon (about an hour and a half drive). There are pay showers, a general store (gotta have ice cream in the afternoon after a hike), and campfires each night. Think about it. We'd love for you to join us!

The Lomeli clan said...

Ohh, that sounds great. Anything to get out of the valley-it will be hot by then!