Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lonely kid

It all started yesterday when I was getting ready for school. I came out of the bathroom to be greeted by Quinten. He walked into the room, raised his hands to me so I would pick him up, and whispered "I love you Momma" in my ear. I just thought it was a good morning.
Today Quinten got up and hung out with Gavin while I got up, made my coffee and livened up. On the way to church the kid does a 180! We get out of the car and he starts telling me how he didn't want to go to church today and that he wanted me to hold him. We went inside for donuts and he wouldn't let me put him down. I tried several times to put him down because wearing heels and a skirt and holding a 35 pound kid isn't the best thing for my back or my attitude.
As I was sitting in his Sunday school class loving on him and trying to make him feel better, I ask him what his issue is. He digs his face into my arm and tells me he misses me. Ahh, that made it all okay.

No comments: