Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hot already?

This weather has been ridiculous lately. I am not a big fan on summer here in sunny California, but having summer in April-that's not even right. It has been 96 degrees for the last couple days, making going outside even for a short time, a sweaty mess. The boys have been helping David in the mornings in the backyard, which we are trying to make beautiful, and by the time they come inside to get ready for school, they need showers. David worked hard this weekend and put up window tint on some of the windows to make the house cooler and block out the sun, which has helped quite a bit. I am hoping that my air conditioner doesn't have to be used yet because there are only a couple $300 bills I can handle. Another thing I am dreading for the hot weather? Transferring all my winter clothes into storage and getting out my summer clothes. That is a big job and I don't know if I have the energy to do it yet.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Yeah, I agree...summer is yucky. Especially in April. It's funny that in three months 96 degrees will seem cool!