Thursday, April 9, 2009

movie time

I watched a grip of movies the last couple days because the boys were sick and I have been really tired because of it.
Gavin was up two nights in a row and without a day to re cooperate, Quinten was sick last night and we will see about tonight.
Anyway, Tuesday afternoon the boys and I watched Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. I wasn't sure about this one at first because I had heard mixed reviews. The boys loved it and I actually sat down and watched it too. I really enjoyed it. I watched all but the last 15 minutes, when I was getting something ready for school.
Then yesterday I watched Yes Man with Jim Carrey. Let's just get something clear here...I love Jim Carrey! He is my all time favorite comedic actor. So, I laughed at all the things he is known for and just enjoyed the time of peace and relaxation. I would watch this movie again with David, although I think twice would be my limit.
This morning, I watched Marley and Me with Jennifer Aniston. I was kinda sad today because Audrey was coming to town and I couldn't see her because of Quinten and his fever (he was up most of the night so I was not a happy girl today). I loved this movie, although I cried for the last half hour. I was too lazy to get up and get a klennex so I used my t-shirt, which David thought was really gross, but whatever. He asked me how the movie was and I burst into tears and told him that it was sad and bah, blah, blah. He looked at me like I was a crackhead. I think it was so sad to me because my old wiener, Klyde, is getting kinda gimpy and old and I know that eventually I will have to end his posh life here on earth and that makes me sad.
So all the movies were returned to the Red Box and now I am stuck with my DVR and plain old television. Poor me.....

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I really missed seeing you and the boys yesterday!..But I guess it was for the best...I don't think I could have left my m-i-l in that part of town by herself! I accidentally parked a little too far away from where we were supposed to go...Um, we got our cardio for the day! I don't think I've hung on to my kids that tight and walked that fast in a long time!
We bought Bedtime Stories earlier this week...but Mike and I weren't really impressed, but Gracie likes it..and that's all that matters! I don't think I'll be watching Marley and Me...I'd be all tears too! That's funny about you telling David! He's come to expect it though!

The Lomeli clan said...

No kidding. Marley and Me was about a lab too, so no, you shouldn't watch it. I like crying though, as long as it doesn't have to deal with "real" drama.