Sunday, June 28, 2009

Picnic

Saturday was the Fresno PD picnic at the Police Officers Range so our family went for several reasons. One was so David could hang out with guys from work, who he refuses to hang out with otherwise. The second reason was so we could have free BBQ served to us by the Chief and the other big wigs. And most importantly, so the boys could play in the bounce houses and slide down the waterslide bounce house.
We got there and, duh, it was hot as hell. We had to stand in the sun to get our food, but I got the boys snow cones to pass the time and cool them off. We ate and I took the boys to the bounce houses. David sat with his friends and chatted.
So, an hour later, I go look for my husband who is in the shade and has helped himself to ice cream and more drinks while I am standing in the sun watching our kids! Seriously? I approached him and "nicely" reminded him that our kids would like for him to watch them go down the giant waterslide. 20 minutes passed and he showed up. I shouldn't be mad about this still, but apparently I have some hidden anger about it.
So the boys play and we leave at about 2:30. We rush home, the entire time Gavin is throwing the loudest fit because he wanted ice cream. We had asked him three times before we left if he wanted ice cream and each time he said no. We get in the car and he wants it. So of course his crying gives David a headache and David gets impatient and starts yelling. Yeah, it was a great trip home. Good thing it was only 20 minutes.
David left to work and the boys took showers and played in the air conditioning. It was a nice night. I made shrimp with asparagus and garlic and we watched Finding Nemo. I fell asleep and Quinten rubbed my head.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Oooh! I know how that feels - I think it's just a "mom thing". I don't know how many times I've had to suppress my anger for the same reason! Aye-Aye-Aye!

Glad you had a good night though!

We can't WAIT until "OUR" vacation!!! : ) Love you!