Monday, June 22, 2009

MTV is serious business.

After dropping my kids off at VBS, I came home, ate and am now watching TV. I tried all my favorite channels, but one stood out. MTV has a show on right now called "True Life: I'm Placing my Baby for Adoption". I know MTV is for teenagers, but I like some of their shows lately.
After having kids and realizing the bond and love a parent has with a child, I see how hard it would be to sacrifice that. I truly have an admiration for those parents that are so unselfish that they choose to give a child up to a family that can provide and give a child a wonderful life. I sometimes wonder how it would have been if I had been kept by my birth Mother. It doesn't last long because I have been given a perfect life by my parents and they have loved me through good and bad. I know that no one could have provided the same life.
It makes me happy to know that people still choose to have "unwanted" babies and give them up to a family who isn't lucky enough to have their own. I am proud that my birth Mother gave me up so I could have what I have now and that I could be blessed with my Mom and Dad. I love them.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a great thing to say...especially after a day like Father's Day. I'm sure your mom and dad will be very proud to read this post!