Friday, February 13, 2009

V-Day

I was thinking what my deal with Valentine's Day is. Do I seriously expect something? I guess, but nothing big. I mean Christmas was less then two months ago. I think that I expect David to put thought into it. It's the thought that counts and not all thoughts require a huge budget.
Every year I fear he will forget about Valentines day. I don't know how he would since he loves Sunday adds and hey are filled with pictures containing pink, red and heart shaped everything.
I think Valentine's day is more then just a token of appreciation. I guess what my fear is, is that David will forget about me. I mean obviously he can't forget about me, I follow him around and talk to him when he is home. I call him when he's at work and am overly involved in his life. I want him to remember the day we got married and the first time I told him I loved him (even though his response was "Thank you"). I think Valentine's day, to me, is being caught up in the ideal love story, even if it is only for a day.
It's funny when you are dating people and they are still trying to impress you, there are roses and presents, candy and the like showered on you like rain. Now, if I get flowers something is seriously wrong. I am lucky to get a thank you for dinner.
I wish that Valentine's day was a thankful day. That David would show me how much he appreciates me for staying home and doing everything around here. For taking care of the kids, making all the food, cleaning the house and on and on and on. I wish he would acknowledge that I gave up my career to be a Mom and stay home with the kids while he has the fun. I think that is true love, to put someone before yourself. In my case putting three people before myself. To give up all the things, that once meant the world to you.
I love my husband more than anything in the world. I try to show him daily. I think David was the best choice I ever made in my life. I will always be thankful to God for having me go to the club that night so I could meet him. I hope he realizes that I need certain things and Valentine's day romance is one of those things. I guess I just have to hope for the best and so my feelings don't get hurt, expect the worse.
I hope you all have the perfect Valentine's day experience. It make me smile to think of all the love going on that day!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Better make sure Dave reads your blog! :)

Audrey said...

Well, BFF, you're not alone. Mike cancelled Valentine's Day when we were only married two years. Guess that was supposed to tell me something? Men just don't get it...but I do!!....And I think you deserve all the love David can muster! Here's to hoping you get what you are wishing for tomorrow!!

The Lomeli clan said...

I hope so too! I have had a couple glasses of wine so I felt comfortable enough to drop "subtle" hints. Ha ha. Who knows if it will actually happen!