Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 1

Okay, here is my version of the first day of school.

I got there at 5:15 and was nervous, not because of the school itself, but I was only able to talk to David for 5 minutes to give him instructions for the evening before leaving for school. I told him about dinner, cold medicine for Quinten and the like. I got to school hoping that he wouldn't sit the boys in front of a video game for entertainment.
Anyway, so I get to school and met with the administration lady, who gave me some more paperwork and I could tell she was off in another world. I think she was really busy and wasn't her normal self.
I went into the classroom and met the people that will be in my class for the next 16 months. I talked to one of the girls, Marie, who is 27 and has an 8 year old and 2 year old. She, too, has been a stay at home Mom and is going to school to do something for her. I think she will be my friend. There were several people there, who were already friends, talking and hanging out. Those people smoke a lot of cigarettes, as it seems like every break, they are out smoking. There was one guy who looked questionable, but 1 out of 10 isn't bad. There weren't as many chola's as I thought, which is really good.
The class itself was way boring. We watched an hour or so of videos. That was not good for me because I had been up a lot the night before with my sicky Quinten. The last hour and a half of class we watched a demonstration of an A-line cut by our instructor.
I am telling you, I thought 9:30 would never come. I felt like the hours kept dragging on and on. I think tonight will be better. We are doing cutting on our plastic ladies tonight, which I can't wait for. I think these classes are very relaxed and there is a lot of hanging out. I have to get use to a whole other attitude toward work. I mean, if I had just sat around in police academy I would have been ordered to do push ups or run or something.
So, I will blog, hopefully daily, so you can get an idea as to what happened. I can tell this is going to be hard on me. David, thankfully is in training this week so he can be home at night with the boys in the evening. I was told by Gavin this morning, that Daddy let them play video games and drink soda at dinner. I will have to set things straight before I got the school tonight.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

At least it's not beer with dinner!

Audrey said...

You should be used to just "hanging out at work"...that's all you did at NBS! Oooh, Burned ya!
Just kidding!
I'm glad you found a friend! And that there are semi-normal people in your new "family"! How exciting!

But you're slacking on the "blogging every night" already!!...It's 10:42pm on the SECOND day of school, and no blog. Disappointing.

The Lomeli clan said...

I will blog in the mornings. That way when I get home I can throw down the munch on ice cream. Priorities!