Thursday, February 19, 2009

2nd day

Last night was a good night. We got to cut hair! We all got out our plastic dolly heads and wet her hair and cut in several different stages.
At the beginning of this job, we are told that the heads may have lice in them. Huh? Lice? The instructor goes on to say that the hair is donated from individuals and that some of the heads have lice. She then corrects herself and says that the lice is dormant and the hair has been treated so we shouldn't worry. It doesn't matter to me if I am supposed to worry of not, that made me itch to the point of bleeding on my arms. It was terrible. I had a paper towel in one hair and picked out the eggs as I saw them. It was one of the grossest things I have ever dealt with in my life.
The time flew by. Before I knew it, the time was 9:00! Yeah! I went home to finally talk to David, who had got home right when I needed to leave. I saw him for 3 minutes before I left. He was able to show me where he was keyed in the truck from the front headlights all the way to the rear taillights. Gotta love downtown Fresno, right? I was amazed that it didn't get my blood boiling! He was able to buff a lot of it out, so that is good.
I can feel my body needing to adjust to this schedule, as I am really tired. I would love to lay on the couch and watch my DVR, but that doesn't happen that often with two kids who have a lot of energy. So I am trying to stay busy around the house, washing sheets and cleaning up the mess. I am gonna be gray by the time I am out of school. Good thing for bleach and dye.....

No comments: