Thursday, June 24, 2010

looking forward...

Today hasn't been my favorite. Gavin has had a smart mouth and has been arguing about everything, all day long! I am surprised at myself that I haven't completely lost it yet, although I did yell (loudly) after dinner. I didn't open the door when the police came...just kidding.
Quinten told me that Daddy was his favorite and that I could be his "second". Whatever. See if he doesn't get kicked outta the house after his high school graduation.
Then I go and get my mail and there is a letter in there that tells me that my tenants in our Visalia house are moving out in a month. Crap! That means a lot of work. Gotta go in there to clean, clean, clean. So in a month we are going to be having a situation. At least it is after my State Board date so it's one less thing to worry about.
But on a lighter note. For the next two mornings, I am going to be going back to Federico's and practicing for my State Board test.
Then tomorrow night I am going on date with my husband, which hasn't happened for almost a year. We have had breakfast dates, but not dinner dates, which for some reason are counted and the others are not. So to make sure my husband knows how important it is, I have left an anonymous letter on the office door telling him that this is a date. I defined a date as a man trying to impress a woman. Hopefully he will get the subtle hint.
Saturday, my best friend is coming over and I am cutting her hair into a funky A-line cut with a boring twist. I had to throw the boring part in there because her motto is "Boring is good". It is going to look great, but I know she is going to have a close eye on what I am doing.
So in order to get over all the bad news and bad attitudes, I have to look forward to this weekend and at least that will distract me for a short while.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Woo hoo for date nights!