Sunday, June 20, 2010

Camping






I am not one that typically goes out of her comfort zone, so camping for me was a little daring for me. I did it because I want my boys to be able to enjoy things, even though it isn't my favorite.
So my best friend, Audrey, and her family went to the mountains to camp for the weekend. We went up Thursday morning and the drive wasn't as bad as I expected. I have memories driving up to Hartland and throwing up everywhere. Another reason I was a little nervous about the trip. So the boys did good. We listened to Tim McGraw Indian Outlaw for about 45 minutes straight.
We got to the camp site and started relaxing. Driving to the camp site in a lowered truck....not so fun, but I won't go there.
We had a good dinner and relaxed with some wine while the kids played. It was fun to sit by the camp fire and catch up with Audrey, who I don't get to see as often as I would like.
The night was horrible. No one slept. The kids were constantly waking up and crying or talking or something. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep.
The morning came and we all got up. The boys were excited to get outside and explore some more. Mike took all the kids to Hume to go fishing and Audrey and I stayed back at the trailer and made home made cinnamon rolls. When we met up with Mike and the kids, we decided to get ice cream from the Hume Lake store and go back to camp. I was on the road back to Fresno by 3 and home by 5. What happened to the boys somewhere on the way home is yet to be determined. Let's just say they were sent to bed at 6:30.
Like I said, I like camping, but I like the camp sites that have showers and toilets. One night was just enough. I will be the first to admit that I am a city girl. Hello....have you seen my hair?

No comments: