Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy day

Today was quite a day. David worked the last half of the graveyard shift, so he came home at 7:30 this morning. Right then, the boys got up and that means I have to as well. I let the boys jump on the trampoline for a half hour to get some of their energy out before the heat came and before David tucked himself in bed for a couple hours of sleep.
After breakfast, we got ready and headed out to get the car washed and go to Costco, which was crazy busy. I thought that since the 4th was two days out it wouldn't be that crazy....I was wrong. I needed gas, but judging by the line it would be a 40 minute wait. Forget it. We got our business done and we were outta there.
After dropping the groceries off at home and eating lunch, we went to the Dollar Tree. All I really needed was a balloon bouquet for the hostess of the 4th of July party we are going to, but of course you have to look around....everything is only $1. After paying for the bouquet and waiting for 30 minutes, the cashier tells me that they have run out of helium and the selection I have chosen they cannot do. So I go rummaging thru the balloons they already have. When I say rummaging, I mean I got out their stepping stool and broom and batted thru the balloons until I got the ones I wanted. I think the boys were embarrassed because Gavin kept asking me it I was allowed to do what I was doing. It's the Dollar Tree who cares if I was acting ghetto.
So we get home and my Mom had called and told me to come get her so we can go to the golf course and go swimming. We arrive at that golf course and start our swimming when some of Gavin's school friends come in. That is great, but the Mom's are snobs and have some issue with me which makes no sense to me since I have never talked to them! That is a whole other story that I will not get into. So we swim and hang out for a couple hours. We no sooner get in the car when David calls and says that he is coming home from work and is taking the day off. Really? I have nothing ready for dinner and I have to clean the house. So I get home, change, vacuum, mop and scrub the boys bathroom. When he gets home I am full on sweaty and foul. What a welcome he got.
So after our wonderful dinner of leftovers, I sit on the couch and itch from the terrible heat rash I got somewhere along the way. I will be happy when tomorrow comes.

No comments: