Saturday, July 31, 2010

North Side Drivers

I have an addiction to Sonic. The real fruit slush with strawberry to be exact. So today I was going to take the boys to get our usual.
On my way to Sonic, I was driving south on Willow from Copper. Anyone who has driven on this street knows that this is a two lane road with a double yellow line. Well, it never fails a young, teenager gets behind me and tailgates me like no ones business. Now normally, for the sake of my kids, I get over into another lane or speed up a little to appease the idiot who doesn't know how to drive. Today, this young girl was in no such luck. I was behind several other cars that wanted to drive under the speed limit. Apparently this girl was very irritated that this was happening to her so she rode my donkey. For every stoplight I watched in my rear view mirror to make sure she noticed that my brake lights were lighting up. But she didn't get it, she continued to drive on my bumper. Now, don't get me wrong....I have been known a time or two to slam on my brakes for the "big, black dog" that runs across the street in front of me. And let me tell you, that dog runs right in front of me and I have to slam those brakes on real hard. This "big, black dog" has been lucky so far and has escaped every time. And most people that have had a problem respecting my back end, have got the hint. I was happy when my turn off came and I could get away from this girl, who is in need of a driver re-exam at the DMV.
It made me feel better when I was paying for my Sonic and noticed a Clovis Police Officer behind me in the drive thru. I asked to pay or their drink as well, knowing that they have to deal with idiots such as the teenage driver all day long. It's the little things that can change your attitude and make another person feel appreciated all in one shot.

No comments: